- Water at the base of plant and in early morning or early evening
- Recommendations: avoid watering straight overhead or in full sun
- Check with an index finger through the mulch and 1”-3″ into the soil to determine if soil is moist
- Dry: see recommendation #4
- Moist: check again in 2-3 days depending on the weather conditions
- Before the ground freezes (December/January) the plants needed watered once per week if there is no soaking rain. It is critical to keep roots moist prior to the ground freezing.
- Watering To Keep Moist:
- Water until the ground stops accepting water around the plant.
- Consistent ‘soggy’ soil can promote root rot. Keep the plants ‘moist’ not ‘soggy.’
New landscape or plantings installed?
- Five days a week for the 1st week
- Four days a week for the 2nd week
- Three days a week for the 3rd week
- Two days a week for the 4th week
- One day a week for the first year
- Water as needed for the first three years especially during drought or high heat
For more info contact us at +1 (215) 321-5678